Welcome

Welcome to my media blog, where you will find all the work I have done for my media A Level. I am Harry Kettenis (0390). On the right side of the blog you will find labels that can be used to navigate through my blog, please ignore the "AS Work" label. I am working in a group with Ysabel Hudson-Searle (0331), Matthew Romo (1660) and Josh Stevenson (0796).

Artefacts


Our Music Video



Our Digipak Cover


Our Website

Tuesday 18 November 2014

Lighting & Set Design

Throughout the video we are using a number of different lighting setups in order to create specific themes and effects. I found myself very at home at the lighting desk so throughout the process Josh and  I spent most of our time controlling the colours and intensities of the studio lights, while Matt and Yssy altered positioning of the lights themselves. However, everyone participated in all aspects.



As you can see from the above image, before making any technical decisions regarding lighting we planned out exactly how each setup would be lit and where the camera and (minimal) props would be placed.

Narrative

Since our narrative scenes are shot on location there is a lack of choice and flexibility regarding lighting. For the shots in my home we used spot lights to create a naturally coloured and well lit scene and with the shots taken on London streets we were reliant on sunlight and, in the evening, streetlights.

No comments:

Post a Comment