Welcome

Welcome to my media blog, where you will find all the work I have done for my media A Level. I am Harry Kettenis (0390). On the right side of the blog you will find labels that can be used to navigate through my blog, please ignore the "AS Work" label. I am working in a group with Ysabel Hudson-Searle (0331), Matthew Romo (1660) and Josh Stevenson (0796).

Artefacts


Our Music Video



Our Digipak Cover


Our Website

Thursday 11 September 2014

Genres of Interest

Hip Hop/Rap

This is one very broad genre for me but probably my favourite genre.

One hip hop "sub genre" that appeals to me is the shown below.

Travis Scott is one of my favourite artists within the genre, whose music varies a lot. The example shown is a more mellow hip hop sub genre with an element of trance through the mutliple voices and backing track.



UK rap and grime is also very important to me, as it is more relatable as it is closer to home than US rap. One very influential artist within this genre is Skepta whose work is below.




This is just one, more alternative example of UK rap. The 8 bit sound throughout adds a further level of nostalgia to the track.

Pop

In general I do not like most chart pop, but I like some pop songs. One combination that can work well is pop and rap, as shown below with "Looking for you" by Justin Bieber featuring Migos.


This combination of pop singing and rapping, with an upbeat backing track with strong bass works well for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment