Welcome

Welcome to my media blog, where you will find all the work I have done for my media A Level. I am Harry Kettenis (0390). On the right side of the blog you will find labels that can be used to navigate through my blog, please ignore the "AS Work" label. I am working in a group with Ysabel Hudson-Searle (0331), Matthew Romo (1660) and Josh Stevenson (0796).

Artefacts


Our Music Video



Our Digipak Cover


Our Website

Tuesday 15 July 2014

3. Are you pleased with the footage and your edit? Is it how you expected it to look?

The director watching the playback
Upon reviewing the captured footage, I found that it was of a much higher level than I had originally expected, in terms of the quality of the footage itself, but also how similar it was to the original music video. This meant that our video remake looked professional.


there were, however some factors that did not allow us to recreate the video exactly, we therefore had to overcome these.

Firstly, for transportation reasons, we could not use a car as it was not possible to fit a large car into the studio used. Therefore a Vespa scooter was used instead and the shots were adjusted accordingly.
We recreated the car crash using a Vespa scooter


Also, again due to the size of the studio, in the zebra crossing, scenes we were unable to recreate the depth of field in the original video, meaning that we had a more crowded, shallower scene.

A much shallower shot was created
As mentioned in my previous post, I am happy with my edit. I graded well to create bold colours and natural skin tones as they appear in the original video. In addition to this, I cut and matched up the shots almost exactly as they appear in the real video, another positive.

No comments:

Post a Comment